What are your menopause symptoms?
Menopausal symptoms just beginning? According to the NHS 3 out of every 4 women will experience hot flushes as part of their menopausal symptoms.
What are your symptoms?
One of the most recognised symptom is hot flushes – sudden rushes of heat which may or may not lead to sweating, glasses fogging, a red face. But there are more.
Look at this list of menopausal symptoms. How many apply to you?
- skin issues: discolouration, eczema, acne, dryness, oiliness
- anxiety: maybe not one you have encountered before but maybe being nervous in situations in which you were previously comfortable, feeling inadequate, sensing a loss of identitiy and/or confidence
- heavy bleeding: a common one where your periods become extremely heavy and you have to alter your plans for the day or may not feel able to go out at all
- libido: gone. Simply gone
- mood: unpredictable. Moving easily from tears to anger. Unfounded sensitivity. Reading negatively into situations. Being impatient or aggressive.
- sleep: disrupted. Perhaps through hot flushes or maybe with no rhyme or reason you just cannot get off to sleep/ wake in the middle of the night/ wake repeatedly in the night/ wake ridiculously early each morning
- joint pains: feeling achy and creaky
- fatigue: goes with the disrupted sleep/ anxiety/ joint pain/ more difficulty moving around
- weight gain: that middle aged spread which you heard about has hit you
- facial hair: this is caused by a disruption to the levels of hormones in your body and a disruption in their levels relative to each other
- breast pains: again hormone level related
And this list is not exhaustive!
What homeopathy does.
Homeopathy can help you to rebalance the hormone disruption that is the menopause. Homeopathy’s effects are enhanced the more awareness you bring to your new state. Every woman experiences her own particular cocktail of symptoms (though some of us have no symptoms at all!) and this is where homeopathy’s strengths lie. It is totally individualised – it’s not a case of one remedy fits all. Your personal circumstances decide the remedy choice. It’s that simple.
Look at your diet.
Look at your sugar or alcohol consumption.
Have a read of this if you’re not familiar with this link.
Look at how much you exercise.
There’s more information here.
By taking a multi pronged attack to your symptoms, you CAN eliminate your symptoms and not have to deal with any of the above. HRT is not the only way. It is the way that some women choose to manage the menopause, but it is not the only way.
Homeopathy is a way – I know this from personal experience (see my blog post on this right here) and from treating lots of women as they go through this change.
Where do you live?
I love living in Bristol. There’s lots of energy and vibrancy here. People are friendly and approachable and that makes living in a city – especially in the centre – really enjoyable.
Wherever you are, perhaps you are looking for ways to bring health and wellbeing into your life?
How can you do that?
What do we talk about in a consultation?
We talk about what’s bothering you, what’s taking your energy and attention and how you can make life better using homeopathy and introducing small changes to create big effects.
My blogs are a way into to talking about bringing simple healthy habits into your daily life. Whether that’s walking more, being less distracted, healthy recipes or thought provoking (I hope!) things which interest me.
Curious? Call me! A 30 min chat on the phone! No pressure, no cost, and you can ask all the questions you have about homeopathy and healthy living. Book your call here >